Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Genoveffa Pagano <ge...@miracl.com> on 2016/11/27 15:35:06 UTC

Most successful projects in Apache in the past 2 years

Hello,
I am trying to gather some data on the most successful Apache projects,
including incubating projects, in the past couple of years.
With successful, I mean the ones with most development from diverse
developers and companies, when applicable.
Is there a place where I can find such statistics?
Thanks
gen

Genoveffa Pagano
VP of Product
MIRACL
T: +44 (0) 20 3389 08190
M: +44 (0) 7749 159 824
Skype: genoveffa.pagano
https://www.miracl.com
81 Rivington Street
London UK, EC2A 3AY
Registered in England and Wales 7017635

Re: Most successful projects in Apache in the past 2 years

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.
On Sun, Nov 27, 2016 at 8:22 AM, Genoveffa Pagano
<ge...@miracl.com> wrote:
> Thanks Daniel,
> even generic data would be interesting for me.
> Is there a web page that collects this type on info? Can you advise me on
> where to find the data?

If you don't need a [semi-]complete list, but rather you're looking
for representative
example projects I'd say that the following will give you a great start:
   Apache Beam (incubating)
   Apache Spark
   Apache Flink
   Apache Hadoop

Thanks,
Roman.

Re: Most successful projects in Apache in the past 2 years

Posted by Daniel Gruno <hu...@apache.org>.
On 11/27/2016 05:22 PM, Genoveffa Pagano wrote:
> Thanks Daniel,
> even generic data would be interesting for me.
> Is there a web page that collects this type on info? Can you advise me on
> where to find the data?

It's not publicly available to everyone (at least, not for the time being).

If you reach out to Sally Khudairi (sk@a.o or press@a.o) she should be
able to introduce you to the statistics we have access to.

Posted by Genoveffa Pagano <ge...@miracl.com>.
Thanks Daniel,

Posted by Daniel Gruno <hu...@apache.org>.