Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Alan Conway <ac...@redhat.com> on 2007/01/09 03:16:24 UTC

Re: [CONF] Apache Qpid: Qpid Cpp Build How To (page edited)

On Mon, 2007-01-08 at 14:39 -0800, confluence@apache.org wrote:
> Page Edited : qpid : Qpid Cpp Build How To

This page duplicates information in the READMEs in SVN. I'd like to
avoid such duplication as something will inevitably get out of date.

The advantage of keeping such instructions in SVN is that they get
versioned with the build system, so as the build system changes you'll
always have the right instructions for the build system version you're
using. That won't be the case with wiki instructions. Also I suspect
developers will be more likely to forget to update the wiki than they
will an SVN README.

So I suggest we keep build instructions in README's in SVN and just
point people to them on the wiki. What do others think?

Cheers,
Alan.

Re: [CONF] Apache Qpid: Qpid Cpp Build How To (page edited)

Posted by Alan Conway <ac...@redhat.com>.
On Mon, 2007-01-08 at 21:16 -0500, Alan Conway wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-01-08 at 14:39 -0800, confluence@apache.org wrote:
> > Page Edited : qpid : Qpid Cpp Build How To
>
> This page duplicates information in the READMEs in SVN. I'd like to
> avoid such duplication as something will inevitably get out of date.
[snip]
>>From offline conversation with Carl, the best thing to do is just link
the README from svn trunk from the wiki. I'll take care of it when I get
a minute.

Cheers,
Alan.