Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Bruno Melloni <Br...@chickasaw.net> on 2009/09/29 15:38:38 UTC

jaxws:client config as bean, address as property?

I would like to use Spring's PropertyOverrideConfigurer to set the address property of the jaxws:client tag so that DEV/PROD properties are auto-detected.  But address is not a regular bean property.

Is there a way to specify the tag so that address can be treated as a bean property?

b.

P.S.: I know that a PropertyPlaceholderConfigurer could be an alternative.  But for reasons irrelevant here, it is not an option for my app.

Re: jaxws:client config as bean, address as property?

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.

On Wed September 30 2009 5:55:43 pm Bruno Melloni wrote:
> Thank you Daniel,
>
> I am using 2.2.2.  I must have misunderstood what you said below.  I
>  understood that to use the PropertyOverrideConfigurer I should specify:
>
> <jaxws:client id="myId"   address=""  serviceClass="myPackage.MyService" />
>
> And then in the properties file read by the PropertyOverrideConfigurer I
>  would use:
>
> myId.proxyFactory.address=http://myServer.myDomain/MyServicesWebApp/MyServi
> ce

That's what I meant.  Apparently that's not going to work.   :-(   You want
the address property of the "myId.proxyFactory" bean.   Not sure how that
would be specified.

> When I tried it, I got:
>
> Invalid property 'proxyFactory.address' of bean class [$Proxy62]: Nested
>  property in path 'proxyFactory.address' does not exist;

That said, if it's trying to set it on a Proxy object like that and not on the
BeanDefinition prior to the factories create method being called, it's never
going to work.   The JAX-WS proxies that are created would not have setAddress
methods and such.

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org

RE: jaxws:client config as bean, address as property?

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.