Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Arash Bizhan zadeh <ar...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/04 00:16:44 UTC

Release process

Hi everybody,
First I all I want to apologies for off topic question. It is not really a
maven related question, but I thought I may get some feedback.
We need a tool to release our web-based application in production sandboxes.
We have multiple sandboxes which are load-balanced with a CISCO appliance.
We use Maven to build the artifact and searching for a good approach to
automate release process under these sandboxes. The ideal solution will be a
maven plugin to handle it all.

Thanks in advance for any advise.

-regards,
Arash
--
You can not depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.

Re: Release process

Posted by Vincent Massol <vi...@massol.net>.
On Mar 4, 2008, at 6:13 AM, Wendy Smoak wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 3, 2008 at 7:29 PM, Arash Bizhan zadeh
> <ar...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> There is 6 Tomcat 5.5 sandboxes, all of them running on RHE 6.
>> There is a
>> load balancer in front of them and we need to release every app on
>> all of
>> them. I am looking for the best practices to manage the releases.
>
> This is more deployment (and configuration management) than "release".
>
> Take a look at Lokahi, currently in the ASF Incubator:
> http://incubator.apache.org/lokahi/

You can also check http://www.smartfrog.org/

-Vincent

Re: Release process

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.

Re: Release process

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
I'd probably ask this question on the Tomcat or possibly Cargo lists.
I won't claim to have expertise in these matters. Perhaps someone else
on the list will have advice.

Wayne

Re: Release process

Posted by Arash Bizhan zadeh <ar...@gmail.com>.