Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Chitra Manjunath <Ch...@infosys.com> on 2013/08/12 13:06:27 UTC

cloud-management Service not running

Hi All,

I changed the default system offerings for System VM's. I followed the guide http://cloudstack.apache.org/docs/en-US/Apache_CloudStack/4.1.1/html/Admin_Guide/sys-offering-sysvm.html
After restarting the cloud-management service .
Getting below error
"cloud-management dead but pid file exists
The pid file locates at /var/run/cloud-management.pid and lock file at /var/lock/subsys/cloud-management.
        Starting cloud-management will take care of them or you can manually clean up".

I followed the below steps:

1.      rm /var/run/cloud-management.pid

2.      rm / var/lock/subsys/cloud-management.

3.      Service cloud-management restart
But no help, it's not working. If anyone faced this error. Suggest the solution.

Thanks
Chitra.M

Infosys e-mail system.

Re: cloud-management Service not running

Posted by Ahmad Emneina <ae...@gmail.com>.
revert your database, and test this on a non-critical system. i can only
imagine the procedure or the input is incorrect.

Posted by Ahmad Emneina <ae...@gmail.com>.
query the db and use the id rather than the uuid. see if youre able to
start the service after that...

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.
Chitra,

Posted by Chitra Manjunath <Ch...@infosys.com>.