Posted to wsrp4j-dev@portals.apache.org by Ryan Shelley <rs...@csun.edu> on 2006/10/11 23:48:01 UTC

WSRP and User Attributes

I noticed in the SwingConsumer that there's a file called
"org.apache.wsrp4j.consumer.driver.UserImpl@4560284.xml" that has
user profile information.  I'm familiar with configuring Portlets for
user profile information with the <user-attribute> tag within the
portlet.xml file and then calling (String)((Map)(req.getAttribute
(PortletRequest.USER_INFO))).get(...) to return the user's specific
profile information, however, when I attempt to get "user.name.given"
it returns null.  Can the SwingConsumer pass user attribute
properties to a producer/portlet, or is the P3P format
(user.name.given) incorrect?

Ryan Shelley
Lead Developer
ITR Web Development/Middleware