Posted to dev@creadur.apache.org by Haoran Meng <me...@gmail.com> on 2020/05/09 07:20:32 UTC

[Help] How to configure to filter the entire directory with apache-rat-plugin

Hi, developer

I integrated the apache-rat-plugin to check license in my project, and the
project base on VUE,so after executing mvn install,node_modules  directory
which contains lots of files was generated  in the project . And then
apache-rat-plugin checking  was blocked until OOM exception is thrown. I
had configured excluded just like:
<exclude>**/node_modules/**</exclude>
But It doesn't seem to take effect 😞

I want to know if I configured it wrong or how exclued configuration works.

Looking forward to your reply,and any help would be appreciated .

Thanks & Regards
--
Haoran Meng
menghaoranss@gmail.com

Re: [Help] How to configure to filter the entire directory with apache-rat-plugin

Posted by "P. Ottlinger" <po...@apache.org>.
Hi Haoran Meng,

thanks for reaching out and for using Apache RAT :)

The exclusion has seen strange behaviour in the last releases as
different JDKs handle filtering and pattern matching in a different way.

I just pushed some commits to
https://github.com/ottlinger/creadur-rat-examples/tree/master/RAT-262
to show how exclusion works.

This is not a big project, but it works on my Ubuntu box with
$ mvn --version
Apache Maven 3.6.3 (cecedd343002696d0abb50b32b541b8a6ba2883f)
Maven home: /home/hirsch/software/maven
Java version: 11, vendor: Oracle Corporation, runtime: /home/me/jdk-11
Default locale: de_DE, platform encoding: UTF-8
OS name: "linux", version: "5.4.0-26-generic", arch: "amd64", family: "unix"

Can you provide a link to your project to see how things are for you?

Cheers,
Phil