Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Craig Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM> on 2005/08/16 17:16:32 UTC

Patch tool acts strange

Hi Philip,

> Philip Wilder (JIRA) wrote:
>
> - The SVN patch tool seems to act very strangely for
> updatableResultSet.out, deleting then adding lines that were
> identical. I cannot account for this behavior.

In my experience, this is due to a white space change. For example,
adding or removing a blank, or replacing a tab with blanks. There is
a change, just not easily viewed with the naked eye.

Many "diff" editors will allow you to "enable white space diff" so
you can see the changes.

Craig

Craig Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com
P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!

Re: Patch tool acts strange

Posted by Philip Wilder <05...@acadiau.ca>.
Mamta Satoor wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was wondering if this can be resolved by setting svn:eol-style on
> master/updatableResultSet.out. When I list the properties for this
> master, it doesn't show any properties
> $ svn proplist --verbose
> java/testing/org/apache/derbyTesting/functionTests/master/updatableResultSet.out
> $
>
> There is an updatableResultSet.out master specific to DerbyNet and it
> has the appropriate property set on it.
> $ svn proplist --verbose
> java/testing/org/apache/derbyTesting/functionTests/master/DerbyNet/updatableResultSet.out
> Properties on
> 'java\testing\org\apache\derbyTesting\functionTests\master\DerbyNet\updatableResultSet.out':
>
>   svn:eol-style : native
>
> Mamta

It looks like at least the majority of the files in the master directory
have svn:eol-style set to native. Even if this doesn't solve my problem
I suspect it is something that should be done anyway.

Philip

Re: Patch tool acts strange

Posted by Andrew McIntyre <mc...@gmail.com>.
On 8/16/05, Jean T. Anderson <jt...@bristowhill.com> wrote:

> http://www.apache.org/dev/version-control.html links to a wonderful file
> to add to your ~/.subversion/config file that automatically sets
> svn:eol-style to native for many files with specific extensions:
>
> http://www.apache.org/dev/svn-eol-style.txt

This is indeed very handy, but there are a lot of .out files in our
master directory, so you should also add:

*.out = svn:eol-style=native

to your Subversion config if you use the Apache svn config template..

andrew

Re: Patch tool acts strange

Posted by "Jean T. Anderson" <jt...@bristowhill.com>.
Mamta Satoor wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was wondering if this can be resolved by setting svn:eol-style on
> master/updatableResultSet.out. When I list the properties for this
> master, it doesn't show any properties
> $ svn proplist --verbose
> java/testing/org/apache/derbyTesting/functionTests/master/updatableResultSet.out
> $

http://www.apache.org/dev/version-control.html links to a wonderful file
to add to your ~/.subversion/config file that automatically sets
svn:eol-style to native for many files with specific extensions:

http://www.apache.org/dev/svn-eol-style.txt

  -jean

Re: Patch tool acts strange

Posted by Mamta Satoor <ms...@gmail.com>.