Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Aaron Bannert <aa...@clove.org> on 2002/04/07 20:15:53 UTC

Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0 STATUS

On Sun, Apr 07, 2002 at 04:58:31PM -0000, rbb@apache.org wrote:
>   +Binaries needed:
>   +
>   +	Mandrake 8.1:  rbb volunteers
>   +	FreeBSD 4.1:   rbb volunteers
>   +	OS X 10.1.3:   jimjag volunteers
>   +	Solaris 8.x:   jimjag volunteers
>   +	RedHat 7.2:    jimjag volunteers

Hmmm...we should specify the architecture too. Also, lets not differenciate
each and every linux distro, but just major linux version. I've got
a 2.2.19-based (redhat) system that I can build on, and a Solaris 8
Intel machine too.

-aaron

Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0 STATUS

Posted by Aaron Bannert <aa...@clove.org>.
On Mon, Apr 08, 2002 at 03:00:45AM -0700, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> Specifically glibc matters almost more so than the kernel version.
> I'd prefer if we did it by distro.  -- "what time zone am i in?"

I can see this as being a big issue. Unfortunately, binbuild doesn't
spit out tarballs with different filenames for my two very different
versions of redhat (7.0 and 7.2).

-aaron

Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0 STATUS

Posted by Justin Erenkrantz <je...@apache.org>.

Posted by "Edward S. Marshall" <es...@logic.net>.

--
Edward S. Marshall <es...@logic.net>                http://esm.logic.net/
[              Felix qui potuit rerum cognoscere causas.              ]