Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by Nicholas Chammas <ni...@gmail.com> on 2020/03/09 19:27:30 UTC

Auto-linking from PRs to Jira tickets

https://github.blog/2019-10-14-introducing-autolink-references/

GitHub has a feature for auto-linking from PRs to external tickets. It's
only available for their paid plans, but perhaps Apache has some
arrangement with them where we can get that feature.

Since we include Jira ticket numbers in every PR title, it would be great
if each PR auto-linked back to the relevant Jira tickets. (We already have
auto-linking from Jira to PRs.)

Has someone looked into this already, or should I file a ticket with INFRA
and see what they say?

Nick

Re: Auto-linking from PRs to Jira tickets

Posted by Holden Karau <ho...@pigscanfly.ca>.
Oh got it. That sounds cool.

Posted by Nicholas Chammas <ni...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Holden Karau <ho...@pigscanfly.ca>.

Posted by Nicholas Chammas <ni...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Holden Karau <ho...@pigscanfly.ca>.

Posted by Dongjoon Hyun <do...@gmail.com>.
Thank you, Alex, Nicholas, and Holden.

I filed an INFRA issue for Apache Spark like Zeppelin.

Bests,
Dongjoon.

Posted by Holden Karau <ho...@pigscanfly.ca>.
Thanks for setting this up, it’s awesome :)

Posted by Hyukjin Kwon <gu...@gmail.com>.
Cool, nice!

Posted by Takeshi Yamamuro <li...@gmail.com>.
Cool! Thanks, Dongjoon!

--
---
Takeshi Yamamuro

Re: Auto-linking from PRs to Jira tickets

Posted by shane knapp ☠ <sk...@berkeley.edu>.
oh this is badass...  i really like it!

On Tue, Mar 10, 2020 at 12:03 PM Alex Ott <al...@gmail.com> wrote:

> yes - it's https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-19934
>
> Nicholas Chammas  at "Tue, 10 Mar 2020 13:52:23 -0400" wrote:
>  NC> Could you point us to the ticket? I'd like to follow along.
>
>  NC> On Tue, Mar 10, 2020 at 9:13 AM Alex Ott <al...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>  NC>     For Zeppelin I've created recently the ASF INFRA Jira for that
> feature...
>  NC>     Although maybe it should be done for all projects.
>  NC>
>  NC>     Nicholas Chammas  at "Mon, 9 Mar 2020 15:27:30 -0400" wrote:
>  NC>      NC>
> https://github.blog/2019-10-14-introducing-autolink-references/
>  NC>
>  NC>      NC> GitHub has a feature for auto-linking from PRs to external
> tickets. It's only available for their paid plans, but perhaps Apache
>  NC>     has some
>  NC>      NC> arrangement with them where we can get that feature.
>  NC>
>  NC>      NC> Since we include Jira ticket numbers in every PR title, it
> would be great if each PR auto-linked back to the relevant Jira tickets.
>  NC>     (We
>  NC>      NC> already have auto-linking from Jira to PRs.)
>  NC>
>  NC>      NC> Has someone looked into this already, or should I file a
> ticket with INFRA and see what they say?
>  NC>
>  NC>      NC> Nick
>
>  NC>     --
>  NC>     With best wishes,                    Alex Ott
>  NC>     http://alexott.net/
>  NC>     Twitter: alexott_en (English), alexott (Russian)
>

> --
> With best wishes,                    Alex Ott
> http://alexott.net/
> Twitter: alexott_en (English), alexott (Russian)

Shane Knapp
Computer Guy / Voice of Reason
UC Berkeley EECS Research / RISELab Staff Technical Lead
https://rise.cs.berkeley.edu

Re: Auto-linking from PRs to Jira tickets

Posted by Alex Ott <al...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Nicholas Chammas <ni...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alex Ott <al...@gmail.com>.

--
With best wishes,                    Alex Ott
http://alexott.net/