Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com> on 2005/03/03 15:04:21 UTC

Migration to directory.apache.org

Hi,

Several days have been passed since we moved our site to
directory.apache.org.  But it seems that we need some modification on
xdocs and POMs.  Here are some issues I found:

have to move the address to directory-dev@apache.org or like.

2) project.xml needs update:

  a) nag address
  b) site deployment path
  c) URLs

Let's find more issues and publish up-to-date one to attract new users!

Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/

Re: Static factory method on TransportType

Posted by Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, 03 Mar 2005 19:36:56 -0500, Enrique Rodriguez
<er...@apache.org> wrote:
> Trustin Lee wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Thu, 03 Mar 2005 18:21:24 -0500, Enrique Rodriguez
> > <er...@apache.org> wrote:
> >
> >>Trustin,
> >>
> >>MINA's TransportType could use a static factory method for returning the
> >>TransportType based on a String coming from configuration.
> >

> > Do you want to extend MINA API and provide a new TransportType
> > support?  If so, what is it?
>
> Nothing new.  I was just suggested a convenience method for getting a
> TransportType from a String:
>
> TransportType.getInstance( "datagram" );
>
> Alternatively, you could call these "udp" or "tcp".  Config is going to
> come from Dictionary's, system Preferences, XML, or LDAP attributes.  In
> each case it will be a String that needs to be converted to the
> type-safe TransportType.

Oh I see.  Then I'll add it for you. :)

Cheers,

Posted by Enrique Rodriguez <er...@apache.org>.
Trustin Lee wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, 03 Mar 2005 18:21:24 -0500, Enrique Rodriguez
> <er...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>>Trustin,
>>
>>MINA's TransportType could use a static factory method for returning the
>>TransportType based on a String coming from configuration.
>

> Do you want to extend MINA API and provide a new TransportType
> support?  If so, what is it?

Nothing new.  I was just suggested a convenience method for getting a
TransportType from a String:

TransportType.getInstance( "datagram" );

Alternatively, you could call these "udp" or "tcp".  Config is going to
come from Dictionary's, system Preferences, XML, or LDAP attributes.  In
each case it will be a String that needs to be converted to the
type-safe TransportType.

-enrique

Posted by Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Enrique Rodriguez <er...@apache.org>.
Trustin,

MINA's TransportType could use a static factory method for returning the
TransportType based on a String coming from configuration.

WDYT?

-enrique

RE: Migration to directory.apache.org

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
> 3) the SVN repository URL should be changed to
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/

It will be, but that should be coordinated with the mailing list move.

	--- Noel

Re: Migration to directory.apache.org

Posted by Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.

RE: Migration to directory.apache.org

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
> > have to move the address to directory-dev@apache.org or like.

> The standard appears to be to use the subdomain, so we would use:
> directory-dev@directory.apache.org

Actually, dev@directory.apache.org.  :-)

	--- Noel

Re: Migration to directory.apache.org

Posted by Enrique Rodriguez <er...@apache.org>.
Trustin Lee wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Several days have been passed since we moved our site to
> directory.apache.org.  But it seems that we need some modification on
> xdocs and POMs.  Here are some issues I found:

> have to move the address to directory-dev@apache.org or like.

The standard appears to be to use the subdomain, so we would use:

directory-dev@directory.apache.org

e.g. James or Geronimo.

> 2) project.xml needs update:
>
>   a) nag address
>   b) site deployment path
>   c) URLs
>
> Let's find more issues and publish up-to-date one to attract new users!

I'll start updating these, and the SVN URL, in the protocols dir.

-enrique