Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by SOLR4189 <Kl...@yandex.ru> on 2017/07/03 17:06:31 UTC

Using ASCIIFoldingFilterFactory

Hey all,
I need to convert alphabetic, numeric and symbollic unicode characters to
their ASCII equivalents. The solr.ASCIIFoldingFilterFactory is the solution
for my request. I'm wondering if my usage of the filter is correct and if
anyone encountered any problems using the specified filter (I'm using
Solr-4.10.3).
The image included specifies my usage of the filter. Thanks in advance!

<http://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/file/n4343999/WhatsApp_Image_2017-07-03_at_15.jpeg>

Re: Using ASCIIFoldingFilterFactory

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
The best thing to do is go to the admin/analysis page and see if you
get exactly what you expect. You'll see the transformations that each
step in your chain do.

I mean your usage looks OK, but al that says is the syntax looks find.
Only you can see if the actual chain you've defined does what you
expect, and the admin/analysis page is the go-to for that.

Best,
Erick