Posted to stonehenge-dev@incubator.apache.org by Vineet ghatge <vg...@gmail.com> on 2009/09/08 03:35:24 UTC

Log in failure

Hello all,

I have successfully executed all the steps in the docs of the .NET
stocktrader .But when I ran http://localhost/trade I got the following
error:-

You are not authorized to view this page
credentials you supplied.

Please try the following:

  * Click the Refresh button to try again with different credentials.
  * If you believe you should be able to view this directory or page, please
contact the Web site administrator by using the e-mail address or phone
number listed on the localhost home page.

HTTP 401.1 - Unauthorized: Logon Failed
Internet Information Services

  * More information:
  Microsoft Support
Could someone tell me:-
-What is default password and username for the IIS?
-Is something else to be configured to overcome this error?

With Regards,
Vineet Ghatge H

RE: Log in failure

Posted by Ben Dewey <Be...@26ny.com>.
Try running from Visual Studio like Ranjitha.

Posted by Vineet ghatge <vg...@gmail.com>.
Hi ,

RE: Log in failure

Posted by Ben Dewey <Be...@26ny.com>.
The permissions would be directly on the file system.  Right click the folder from windows explorer and choose Properties then go to security.

-Ben Dewey

RE: Log in failure

Posted by Ben Dewey <Be...@26ny.com>.
You have anonymous access check only?  Do you have anything else checked?

Make sure the IUSR_ComputerName account has read access to the trade directory on the filesystem.

-Ben

RE: Log in failure

Posted by Ben Dewey <Be...@26ny.com>.
What do you mean my Mixed mode in IIS?

-Ben Dewey

I am using mixed authentication mode despite which I am getting that  "login
fail" error

With Regards,
VGH

Re: Log in failure

RE: Log in failure

Posted by Ben Dewey <Be...@26ny.com>.
This sounds like you have Windows Authentication enabled.

If you're running IIS, go to the directory properties and choose directory security -> authentication, and uncheck windows authentication.

If you can't find it, just use your machine admin username/password.  In the format username: computername\username.

HTH,

-Ben

PS.  Again going from memory with IIS6 & XP, so don't quote me.