Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Amarish Khopkar <am...@gmail.com> on 2007/07/07 01:18:14 UTC

Problems deploying myfaces-trinidad application to Servlet 2.3 Container

Hi guys,

I'm having some issues deploying a myfaces-trinidad application to a Servlet
2.3 Container (I'm using Tomcat 4.1).  Basically I have an app deployed that
uses myfaces and it runs fine.  However, the minute I add the trinidad .jar
files to WEB-INF/lib the app fails to deploy.  Can someone please tell me if
Myfaces-Trinidad is compatible with Servlet 2.3?

 did see something in the mailing list about removing servlet
2.3compatibility when I googled it, but I can't seem to find a clearly
stated
answer to this on the site anywhere.

Thanks,

Amarish

Re: Problems deploying myfaces-trinidad application to Servlet 2.3 Container

Posted by Adam Winer <aw...@gmail.com>.
I've not used anything less than Tomcat 5 in years and years.
This is basically totally untested.  I just verified that we compile
fine against Servlet 2.3, so there's no hard dependencies on
Servlet 2.4.  There may be some on JSP 2.0 vs. JSP 1.2.
I think you'd need to dig a bit deeper into what's going wrong
with the failed deployment.

-- Adam