Posted to dev@juddi.apache.org by Kurt T Stam <ku...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/08 05:46:00 UTC

[REPORT] jUDDI May 2013

May 2013 Report for the jUDDI project

jUDDI (pronounced "Judy") is an open source Java implementation of the
Universal Description, Discovery, and Integration (UDDI v3)
specification for (Web) Services. The jUDDI project includes Scout.
Scout is an implementation of the JSR 93 - Java API for XML Registries
1.0 (JAXR).

*jUDDI *
- We are close to releasing version 3.1.5 adding a much improved
distribution with quickstart examples,  a way to create deployments
using different JPA or JAXWS implementations for different target
platforms, lots of fixes of bugs found by the work that is taking place
on the console.
- Traffic on the mailing lists picking up, mostly people starting to use
the examples.
- a new committer on the project (Alex) is currently working on a
console which will be released as part of 3.2 (which we will focus on
after 3.1.5)
- 3.2 will probably drop support for JDK 1.5.
- some new ideas are bounced around for as extensions to the UDDI v3
spec. They may likely get published as part of this project since the
OASIS committee is no longer active.

*Scout *
- No release this period, not really any development took place.
- Very low volume of JAXR related questions on the mailing list.

*Request*: wiki enabled on Github.
The jUDDI project has a github mirror, and we'd like to have the wiki on
github enabled, we use a process where we maintain the docs on the wiki
using asciidoc, which can then be converted to docbook and then the
html, pdf etc. This or asciidoc support on the Apache CMS (using
Gollum?). See also https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-5920.

Thanks,

--Kurt

Kurt Stam