Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org> on 2010/02/22 02:05:03 UTC

NOTICE file (Was Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Felix EventAdmin 1.2.2)

On 2/21/10 6:37 PM, Clement Escoffier wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've looked into this release, and I've a couple of comments:
> - first the NOTICE file does not follow the format generally used for Felix projects which means that automatic or semi-automatic checking tools failed.
> - then, the embedded EDU.oswego.cs.dl.util.concurrent package should also be cited in the license. The work 'partially' comes from Sun which means that some parts was made directly at oswego. It would be nice to cite them under the same license term.

We are still straightening this out, but we are told that the NOTICE
file should only include references to licenses that require NOTICE. So,
if we are going to follow that rule from now on, then I guess Oswego
doesn't require it, but the Sun portion does.

We had looked into automating this at one time (Felix!), but I think it
wasn't completely successful. At any rate, we should likely start
following this approach for future releases, but we never did decide if
were were going to have a separate acknowledgments file for other
dependencies or just don't mention them at all.

-> richard