Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Olivier Heintz <ol...@ofbizextra.org> on 2018/02/11 11:42:16 UTC

Re: [Documentation] test conversion from docbook to asciidoc

Hi Jacques,

I have tested docbookrx convertion with HELP_ACCOUNTING_agreements.xml and the files mentioned in it and generate html with ./gradlew publishDocumentation
All the generated files seem correct, adoc and html.

When it will be a place (choosen by Documentation Team) to put files to work on, I will put them.

In the generate file HELP_ACCOUNTING_agreements.html, there is no anchor defined and we will need it if we need contextual link,
so now, I will try to find the good asciidoc syntax for that.

Olivier

Posted by Sharan Foga <sh...@apache.org>.
Hi Olivier

Thanks for already getting started!

You are right that there is a lot of information in the online help that could help us with the general documentation. So just to be clear, we are not looking to update the online help at this stage, but only use the content from it that will help us create OFBiz documentation that includes a complete User and Technical Guide.

We have quite a bit of documentation sitting in our one of our old workspaces:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBENDUSER/End+User+Documentation

so rather than mess up the wiki that Michael has organised into a very nice structured format we could use the OFBENDUSER workspace instead. All the documentation in the OFBENDUSER workspace needs to be reviewed anyway and part of it was linked to the online help system too. So this could be a way of centralising everything we are going to work on and review in one place.

There are a few things that the Documentation Team will need to discuss, things like  the organisation, planning, communication etc - but let's get the basic setup stuff done first, then we can start talking about how to approach it all :-)

Thanks
Sharan