Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by "Khoe, Yonathan" <Yo...@unt.edu> on 2022/06/16 14:15:03 UTC

"Unable to add user" error in guacd process

Hello Mike Jumper and others,
Does anybody know why this would pop up?  I'm trying to troubleshoot an issue we're having with not being able to connect to VNC from the guacamole web interface.  Not certain that this is the culprit, but I wan to try to eliminate it anyways.

Our Guacamole stack is already using guac-auth-LDAP as a directory service method, so if this error pertains to the user-mapping.xml default authentication method, I don't touch that anymore as part of my (re)build.

[cid:image001.png@01D88161.8C5F5B60]

Yonathan Khoe
Senior Systems Administrator
CVAD IT

University of North Texas
940.565.4793
yonathan@unt.edu<ma...@unt.edu>
https://itservices.cvad.unt.edu/

Re: [EXT] Re: "Unable to add user" error in guacd process

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Jun 16, 2022 at 5:40 PM Khoe, Yonathan <Yo...@unt.edu>
wrote:

> Hi, Nick,
>
> Which logs would you like in this case? /var/log/messages?
>
> https://pastebin.com/zgdAgD6s
>

> And this is the catalina.out
>
> https://pastebin.com/KuuLWe3x

You might want to start at least guacd in debug mode - you can stop the
service and just run guacd from the command line with something like:
/path/to/sbin/gaucd -L debug -f

This will turn on debug mode and keep it in the foreground. Then retry your
connection.

-Nick

RE: [EXT] Re: "Unable to add user" error in guacd process

Does anybody know why this would pop up?  I’m trying to troubleshoot an issue we’re having with not being able to connect to VNC from the guacamole web interface.  Not certain that this is the culprit, but I wan to try to eliminate it anyways.

Our Guacamole stack is already using guac-auth-LDAP as a directory service method, so if this error pertains to the user-mapping.xml default authentication method, I don’t touch that anymore as part of my (re)build.

[cid:image001.png@01D8819D.FCAF5FF0]

You'll need to provide more detailed logs - this isn't enough information to go on.

-Nick

Re: "Unable to add user" error in guacd process

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.