Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Chris Haddad <ha...@cobia.net> on 2001/12/05 17:17:40 UTC

FW: Undeploying referenced handlers

Axis-User -

I didn't see my postings coming through on axis-dev, so I'm
cross-posting this to the user's list.

After undeploying the installed "track" handler used in example4, an
exception occurs when the "list" command is used.  Note, I did not
uninstall the service that references the handler.   Is it advisable to
protect against uninstalling handlers that are referenced by services?

Here's the error message during the 'list' command:

[example4]# java org.apache.axis.client.AdminClient list
Doing a list

AxisFault

  faultCode: http://xml.apache.org/axis/:Server.generalException

  faultString: Null response message!

  faultActor: null

  faultDetail:

        exceptionName: org.apache.axis.AxisFault

        stackTrace: Null response message!

        at
org.apache.axis.client.AdminClient.process(AdminClient.java:328)
        at
org.apache.axis.client.AdminClient.process(AdminClient.java:294)
        at org.apache.axis.client.AdminClient.list(AdminClient.java:156)

        at org.apache.axis.client.AdminClient.list(AdminClient.java:149)

        at
org.apache.axis.client.AdminClient.process(AdminClient.java:242)
        at org.apache.axis.client.AdminClient.main(AdminClient.java:344)

Here's the undeploy.wsdd used to remove the handler:

<deployment xmlns="http://xml.apache.org/axis/wsdd/">
 <handler name="track"/>
</deployment>

Chris Haddad