Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Nitin Gupta <ni...@srishtitechnet.com> on 2010/01/19 09:12:44 UTC

Basic James Setup

Hi All

I am very new to James server. Up till now my app was using a hosted mail
service to send out emails. Recently we have added a campaigner style module
which is required to send out multiple emails (in access of 10K /per day).
In order to support this throughput, I am now planning to host our own mail
server.

Please help me to setup the James server with suggested configuration
options. My only requirement is to send mails with good efficiency. Broadly
following is what I need:

-          My app will connect to James using JavaMail API

-          James is not required to save the emails.

-          James is only required to send out the mails to internet

-          Configuration multiple DNS servers to redundancy/reliability

-          Running James as a Daemon on CentOS box

-          Any help/best practices on connection management between my
JavaMail client and James

-          High performance is the key

-          No mailing list

-          No mail receiving

-          I have got my app and James on the same machine.

Regards

Nitin