Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jeremy Lewis <je...@blackfort.com> on 2003/09/04 17:58:51 UTC

JDBC, SQL Server 2000 and Tomcat Error

I'm currently experiencing a strange error with some JSP pages that have
been built in Dreamweaver MX. The pages retrieve data from a SQL Server 2000
database using the Sun JDBC-ODBC driver. I currently get the following error
message reported by Tomcat when I try to display more than 6 data items on a
JSP page.

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server
Driver]Invalid Descriptor Index

The data is being retrieved using recordsets within Dreamweaver. If I
display less than 6 data items, even if the recordset those items are from
contains more than 6 data elements, the pages work fine.

Can anybody shed any light onto the likely cause of the problem. I suspect
it is configuration related, but I have run out of ideas.

Thanks

Jeremy.

Re: JDBC, SQL Server 2000 and Tomcat Error

Posted by Christopher Williams <cc...@ntlworld.com>.
Have you tried using the native SQL Server driver from Microsoft?  The
JDBC-ODBC bridge is simply awful.  You can the native driver from Microsoft:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/downloads/list/sqlserver.asp