Posted to user@accumulo.apache.org by David Medinets <da...@gmail.com> on 2011/12/29 23:04:48 UTC

Failed to find an available server in the list of servers

I think I am very close to getting a working one-server instance of
Accumulo. I'm hoping someone has run into this issue.

Zookeeper is running. Hadoop is running and 'hadoop fs -ls /' shows
the /accumulo direcory. I have run the init command (yes, I misspelled
development). Then I tried to run the shell command:

$ bin/accumulo shell -u root
Enter current password for 'root'@'deveopment': ********
29 16:53:15,821 [impl.ServerClient] WARN : Failed to find an available
server in the list of servers: []

My masters and slaves file both simply have 'localhost' in them.

What did I do wrong? Any suggestions?

Re: Failed to find an available server in the list of servers

Posted by David Medinets <da...@gmail.com>.
An excellent suggestion. I changed my accumulo-env.sh so that the max
memory allocated is 512m. Then I restarted. Now I see the following in
my log file:

Unable to find metrics file:
/home/ubuntu/accumulo-1.5.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT/conf/accumulo-metrics.xml

The README file does not mention that this file is required unless I
misread. The following command resolved this issue:

cp conf/accumulo-metrics.xml.example conf/accumulo-metrics.xml

I am running into a missing .so file which I will send a new email about.

Posted by Aaron Cordova <aa...@cordovas.org>.

Posted by David Medinets <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Aaron Cordova <aa...@cordovas.org>.