Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Mark McWhinney <ms...@portata.com> on 2007/09/20 20:20:27 UTC

Converting Webservice(SOAP) Request to an HTTP Request

To take advantage of some extra capabilities such as better SSL support, I
want to convert some SOAP Requests into HTTP Requests.  What do I need to do
to get that to work?

I copied the XML from the SOAP Request to a parameter named "body" in the
HTTP Request.  In the HTTP Request, I set the Method field to POST and the
set the Path field.  When I ran it, I got an HTTP 500 error and this
message:

soap:Server  Unexpected character 'b' (code 98) in prolog; expected '<' at
[row,col {unknown-source}]: [1,1]

Any ideas?

Re: Converting Webservice(SOAP) Request to an HTTP Request

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
You might do better to use the SOAP/XML-RPC sampler instead.

Posted by Mark McWhinney <ms...@portata.com>.
Having mucked around with this for hours, I found the solution just after
sending that post.  Murphy is my neighbor.

Solutions: I had a parameter named "body" with a value set to the SOAP XML
string.  I removed the name and left the value.  Now life is good.