Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro> on 2014/03/05 18:42:22 UTC

Re: Changing the SSL certificate for my own realhostip [HOWTO]

Hi,

Wrote in a hurry a small article about how I got it done:
http://www.nux.ro/archive/2014/03/Run_your_own_realhostip.html

Nux!
www.nux.ro

RE: Changing the SSL certificate for my own realhostip [HOWTO]

Posted by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro>.
On 05.03.2014 19:17, Suresh Sadhu wrote:
> I have tested with self-signed  ssl certificate with my own local
> domain name(replaced realhost with my domain by following steps
> mentioned in the  CTX support article) on my test setup..cpvm
> recreated  successfully  and console access with new domain name.

Yes, if you have your own CRT and KEY self-signed then you don't need
to mess with the DB.

Lucian

Nux!
www.nux.ro

RE: Changing the SSL certificate for my own realhostip [HOWTO]

Posted by Suresh Sadhu <Su...@citrix.com>.
Thanks Nux for sharing the article
and also found  below links useful to understand
role of real host ip  and how to replace  with your own domain name:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Role+of+realhostip+in+CloudStack
,http://support.citrix.com/article/CTX133468

I have tested with self-signed  ssl certificate with my own local  domain name(replaced realhost with my domain by following steps mentioned in the  CTX support article) on my test setup..cpvm recreated  successfully  and console access with new domain name.

regards
sadhu