Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Nicholas Shanks <co...@nickshanks.com> on 2006/06/12 12:05:42 UTC

[users@httpd] Can I have negotiated includes?

Hi there.
I am trying to find a solution to two problems, the first being:

User requests /blah with "Accept-Language: fr, en;q=0.5"
File blah.html is the only one available, gets served.
File needs to include a common navigation bar.
There are two available, /nav.en.inc and /nav.fr.inc
File uses <!--#include virtual="/nav.en.inc" -->
User gets navigation bar in English instead of French

Now what I want is for the navigation element to use content
negotiation, so that even though this particular file is not
available in French, the user still gets the French nav bar.

I tried using <object data="/nav"> but that wouldn't let my pop-up
menus appear (even with overflow: visible; set on the <object>
element, and <html> & <body> tags of the included file).
Does anyone know how to do this? I am using version 1.3.33

The second problem is that in order to send my Last-Modified headers,
I am using "xBitHack full", but this still suppresses the Accept-
Ranges and ETag headers. Can this be amended somehow? ETags are very
useful.

p.s. Does anyone know what "TCN: choice" headers mean?

- Nicholas.