Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Zhou Wu <zw...@yahoo.com> on 2010/11/25 17:55:54 UTC

A relational DB table Approach -- Re: AutoCompelete

Thanks for all discussions. It looks like it could become top my head and
time to follow the directions proposed here.

  I tried a simple approach: in the indexing method of SpellChecker, I store
each word (except noisy/stop word)  in a relational db table ( current with
the embedded Derby). When user types letters(ajax style), I just take the
last part (part after last space) for Western languages (for CJK it has to
be the whole part), query the table like "ac%" to get a list of words and
prepend the current words before the space. Prototyping seems workable. The
table can be designed to take some statistics and users can put more phrases
(not just words) in.  Not sure if the table can be too big -- powerful DB
system and proper indexing should be OK by my reasoning.

 One part I don't know is how to remove some words from the table when some
docs that have been removed from the repository.  I don't know how
SpellChecker removes the words that don't appear in any docs in repository
any more.