Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Alessandro Forghieri <Al...@think3.com> on 2002/07/19 09:05:34 UTC

perl-5.8-win32-bin.tar.gz missing files

Greetings.

I just installed the great perl-5.8-win32-bin.tar.gz package that Randy
Kobes mantains on uwinnipeg.

Two folders are missing from  site/lib/Win32Api :

Registry/cRegistry.pc
File/cFile.pc

This is an installation bug of libwin32 - the files are generated but not
installed, so they must be manually moved to their intended destinations (I
was bit by the same thing and mailed the package maintainer about a month
ago). These are not binary files, so they can(?) be copied from
a same version installation of win32 (I used what I had on a 5.6.1-33 and
they appear to work fine).

Not quite in the bug category, I observed that the shipped version of
File::Basename::fileparse now croaks on calling fileparse(undef). This seems
a bit radical to me (given that fileparse('') just shuts up) - carp would be
fair, but croak seems pretty darn inhospitable to me...

Just my .02 &

Cheers,
alf

Re: perl-5.8-win32-bin.tar.gz missing files

Posted by Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca>.
On Fri, 19 Jul 2002, Alessandro Forghieri wrote:

> Greetings.
>
> I just installed the great perl-5.8-win32-bin.tar.gz package that Randy
> Kobes mantains on uwinnipeg.
>
> Two folders are missing from  site/lib/Win32Api :
>
> Registry/cRegistry.pc
> File/cFile.pc
>
> This is an installation bug of libwin32 - the files are generated but not
> installed, so they must be manually moved to their intended destinations (I
> was bit by the same thing and mailed the package maintainer about a month
> ago). These are not binary files, so they can(?) be copied from
> a same version installation of win32 (I used what I had on a 5.6.1-33 and
> they appear to work fine).

Thanks for pointing that out - I was going to make up a new
version next week, based on the just-released 5.8, and I'll
include those.

> Not quite in the bug category, I observed that the shipped version of
> File::Basename::fileparse now croaks on calling fileparse(undef). This seems
> a bit radical to me (given that fileparse('') just shuts up) - carp would be
> fair, but croak seems pretty darn inhospitable to me...

That does ...

--
best regards,
randy