Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Daniel Bruce Lynes <dl...@shaw.ca> on 2002/08/16 07:51:15 UTC

No mapping found for 'my.package.name.ClassName' using encoding style 'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/'

The error I'm getting is:

com.essc.xml.rpc.soap.OASoapException:
No mapping found for &apos;com.essc.util.DateTime&apos; using encoding style
&apos;http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/&apos;.
arg0=,arg1=,arg2=,arg3=
        at
com.essc.xml.rpc.soap.client.SoapClientBase.executeCall(SoapClientBase.java:418)
        at
com.essc.xml.rpc.soap.client.SoapClientBase.getChatDialog(SoapClientBase.java:276)

(it may not be exactly as it would be on other peoples' systems...the &apos;
might have been inserted by our exception handler, and the arg?=,...
definitely is)

As a prelude to my executeCall(), I bind the mapping to the
SoapMappingRegistry:

    	SOAPMappingRegistry smr=null ;
	DateTimeSerializer dateTimeSer=null ;
        smr = new SOAPMappingRegistry();
        dateTimeSer = new DateTimeSerializer() ;
        smr.mapTypes(Constants.NS_URI_SOAP_ENC,
                     new QName("urn:xml-soap-oa-demo", "DateTime"),
                     com.essc.util.DateTime.class, dateTimeSer, dateTimeSer);

This is in reference to the mapping in the XML file:

<isd:map encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"
     xmlns:x="urn:xml-soap-oa-demo" qname="x:dateTime"
     javaType="com.essc.util.DateTime"
java2XMLClassName="com.essc.xml.rpc.soap.encoding.soapenc.DateTimeSerializer"
xml2JavaClassName="com.essc.xml.rpc.soap.encoding.soapenc.DateTimeSerializer"/>

The serializer/deserializer class I am using is attached to this message.

Thanks in advance for any help you might be able to offer.