Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2015/06/27 02:13:31 UTC

[Tomcat Wiki] Update of "FAQ/Memory" by KonstantinKolinko

Dear Wiki user,

The "FAQ/Memory" page has been changed by KonstantinKolinko:
https://wiki.apache.org/tomcat/FAQ/Memory?action=diff&rev1=12&rev2=13

Comment:
Remove comment about memory leak during JSP recompliation. Tomcat 4.1 docs said to set fork="true" in Jasper due to leaks in Sun's javac. http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-4.1-doc/jasper-howto.html

   * [[http://marc.info/?t=104519961700002&r=1&w=2|Tracking memory usage over time]]

  Also look at [[http://www.yourkit.com/|YourKit]], or maybe you IDE has a profiling tool in it, or other profiling tools are available. (The following tools were recommended by many people in the past, but now seem to be discontinued by their vendors: JProbe by Quest Software &mdash; the company was [[http://software.dell.com/acquisitions/quest-software.aspx|acquired by Dell]], !OptimizeIt by Borland). This is not an endorsement for them, I just notice other people like them.
-
- === JSP Recompilation ===
- If your application uses JSPs which are frequently recompiled at runtime, e.g. headers that change value hourly, please make sure to read the JSP HOW-TO page and RELEASE NOTES documents. You may wish to tune the JSP compiler configuration to prevent memory leaks. Of course, these are documents you should have read by now anyways..

  == Questions ==
   1. [[#Q1|How do I adjust memory settings?]]