Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Rick Reumann <ma...@reumann.net> on 2002/07/26 02:56:48 UTC

simple question nested tag write

This will be simple but it's driving me nuts...

According to the bottom of the documentation on
http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/api/org/apache/struts/taglib/nested/package-summary.html#package_description

It says you can iterate through a collection of strings like

<nested:iterate property="myItemList" >

Now I take it of course it should probably be(?)

<nested:iterate property="myItemList" >
   <nested:write property="this/" /><br>
</nested:iterate>

But even so when I try:

<nested:iterate property="roles">
    <nested:write name="this/" />
</nested:iterate>

I can not get the String to print out with the
nested:write tag. It's odd because the options
tag works fine printing out the options of roles:

<nested:select property="currentRole">
   <nested:options property="roles"/>
</nested:select>

What am I doing wrong that I can't get this nested:write tag to work.
I've even tried

<nested:iterate id="element" property="roles">
    <nested:write name="element" />
</nested:iterate>

In scope is a bean that has an attribute "roles" which is an ArrayList
of Strings. Looping through the list works fine, it's getting to print
the silly String value that for some reason I can't do.

Any help much appreciated.

--

Rick
mailto:maillist@reumann.net