Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by kavitha <ka...@gmail.com> on 2017/03/16 07:30:54 UTC

Error: Failed to locate: "CL.exe"

Hi,

I tried to build the Ignite.sln to generate ignite.odbc.dll. But I got
following error message.

Failed to locate:"CL.exe". The system cannot find the file specified.

Where I can download CL.exe?

Re: Error: Failed to locate: "CL.exe"

Posted by kavitha <ka...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for your information.

Re: Error: Failed to locate: "CL.exe"

Posted by Igor Sapego <is...@gridgain.com>.
Well, cl.exe is part of MSVC. If your visual studio can't find it then
there is something wrong with your VS.

Try finding answer in the Internet, for example try looking here [1]

[1] -
https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/b60f4b90-8eb5-49fb-83c9-7259a3fae66e/need-help-with-trk0005-failed-to-locate-clexe?forum=vcgeneral

Best Regards,
Igor

Posted by kavitha <ka...@gmail.com>.
Yes I installed.

Re: Error: Failed to locate: "CL.exe"

Posted by Igor Sapego <is...@gridgain.com>.
Have you installed C++ toolchain with your VS?

Best Regards,
Igor