Posted to dev@streams.apache.org by Jason Letourneau <jl...@gmail.com> on 2012/12/12 15:17:42 UTC

Git Mirror

The Git mirror is up at:
git://git.apache.org/streams.git or
http://git.apache.org/streams.git

This was a helpful page for me: http://wiki.apache.org/general/GitAtApache

Jason

Re: Git Mirror

Posted by Matt Franklin <m....@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 10:45 AM, Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu> wrote:
> On 12/12/2012 03:52 PM, Jason Letourneau wrote:
>>
>> Good point.  A follow up question is, if we aren't tracking
>> developers, do we care about releasing independently?
>
> I think we should.
>
> Consider that maybe in time two or more separate streams modules are
> created, e.g. server, client, demo, etc. which we want to maintain and
> release separately. Then a shared master pom defining common properties for
> the project will be very handy.

+1.  Given that Jason has started with an ESB strategy, I think it is
likely that we will end up releasing separate components.

Re: Git Mirror

Posted by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu>.

Re: Git Mirror

Posted by Matt Franklin <m....@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Dec 13, 2012 at 11:10 AM, Jason Letourneau
<jl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Closing out this thread: the Nexus deployment is enabled, so Git
> mirror can be checked out and built with reference to deployed master
> POM snapshot.

It would be good to document the Git mirror on the website.  We should
also define a process for handling pull requests so that it fits
within Apache guidelines.

Re: Git Mirror

Posted by Jason Letourneau <jl...@gmail.com>.

Re: Git Mirror

Posted by Jason Letourneau <jl...@gmail.com>.

Re: Git Mirror

Posted by Jason Letourneau <jl...@gmail.com>.

Re: Git Mirror

Posted by Matt Franklin <m....@gmail.com>.

Re: Git Mirror

Posted by Jason Letourneau <jl...@gmail.com>.
Or...this seems more likely:
http://www.apache.org/dev/publishing-maven-artifacts.html

We'll need to get setup on the nexus repo first I guess

Re: Git Mirror

Posted by Jason Letourneau <jl...@gmail.com>.

RE: Git Mirror

Posted by "Franklin, Matthew B." <mf...@mitre.org>.

Re: Git Mirror

Posted by Jason Letourneau <jl...@gmail.com>.
OK - how does one achieve this?

RE: Git Mirror

Posted by "Franklin, Matthew B." <mf...@mitre.org>.

Keep in mind, the master POM version referenced just needs to be in repository.apache.org somewhere.  It could very well be in SNAPSHOT until a full release is performed.

My personal preference would be to setup the master POM the way we like and use it to develop our release process.  That way we can push it out the door and not have to worry about getting it mirrored over.

Re: Git Mirror

Posted by Jason Letourneau <jl...@gmail.com>.

Re: Git Mirror

Posted by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu>.