Posted to dev@jmeter.apache.org by Nachiket Kate <na...@gmail.com> on 2014/03/10 19:38:09 UTC

JMeter Custom ThreadGroup

Hi All,

I am trying to extend jmeter for new threadgroup which will be able to
listen samples and should be able to perform calculation and store result
in some file

Yes that can be done with existing reporters but I dont want to use them.
I have created new threadgroup called CustomThreadgroup.java in which I
have implemented interface like, samplelistener. I just want to log the
samples occurred and their attributes. I tried above but I am not seeing
anything "CustomLog" (logger statements added by me). in Jmeter.log file.

I have also referred Andrey;s Autostop plugin but that is a listener, I
need similar functionality in Threadgroup.

Can you please help me in this or tell me if I need to make changes
somewhere else also?

attaching file CustomThreadGroup.java for reference.
(complete code is at : https://github.com/Nachiket90/jmeter-sample)

Thanks,
Nachiket
--
<---- Nachiket Kate ---->

Re: JMeter Custom ThreadGroup

Posted by Nachiket Kate <na...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sebb,

Because this way I can control threads better. In my application I need to
control (start new threads and stop existing depending on calculations done
on samples which I am trying to collect in Threadgroup )
For above need, I think threadgroup is better component to modify and use
Please let me know any other option is there or solution for continued
message.

Thanks
Nachiket

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.