Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Jeremias Maerki <de...@greenmail.ch> on 2004/08/13 16:43:34 UTC

Re: Running pdf in servlet

Firstly, please post user related questions to the user list. The development
list is for code related issues. The developers are all subscribed to the user
list anyway.

On the command-line you specify "-c userconfig.xml" to enable custom
fonts. From a servlet it is done using the Options class. Please see
here:
http://xml.apache.org/fop/embedding.html#config-external

On 13.08.2004 15:44:10 vivek gupta wrote:
>            Does any body added Arial font and run pdf
> in web server using servlet. I am able to change font
> and run it
> on my local , but I don't know how to run on web
> server.Any help will be appreciated

Jeremias Maerki

Re: Displaying a pdf in IE

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Amita Rathore wrote:
> I am generating a PDF with xsl-fo. Now I am tring to display it in the
> browser. The PDF displays but after that the session becomes invalid.
>
> The content lenth is around 50000 bytes. How can it be solved...any
> suggestions..

FOP doesn't have anything to do with maintaining a session, or
with displaying the PDF from a browser for that matter.

Important information:
- The brand and version of the servlet container you are using.
- Does the problem happen if you serve a static PDF using a standard
  file serving servlet.
- Does the problem happen with another browser on the same machine
- Time spent downloading the PDF
- Session timeout
- What do you actually mean with "the session becomes invalid"? Clicking
  on links in the PDF wont get the same session as the content from which
  you got the link which generated the PDF, unless you use URL
  rewriting for sessions and got the rewritten URLs into the PDF.

If all else fails, ask on the help list for your servlet container.

J.Pietschmann

Displaying a pdf in IE

Re: Running pdf in servlet

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@greenmail.ch>.
The servlet from FOP 0.20.5 compiles just fine under JDK 1.3.1 and 1.4.2.
Are you using a different version?

Re: Running pdf in servlet

Posted by vivek gupta <gv...@yahoo.com>.