Posted to dev@sqoop.apache.org by Anna Szonyi <sz...@cloudera.com> on 2017/05/12 09:58:26 UTC

Creating feature branches

Hi @devs,

We would like to start the preparation for upgrading to hive 2 (upgrade
version, migrate off of hive cli and onto beeline, etc.).
As we anticipate there being a few patches we were thinking it would make
sense to create a feature branch (sqoop_hive2) for this, as we do not want
trunk to become unstable or introduce "breaking changes" before the
proposed 1.4.7 release.

Does anyone have any concerns about this?

And in general do we have a policy about feature branches for sqoop (like a
sqoop_kerberos branch, etc.)?

Thanks,
Anna

Re: Creating feature branches

Posted by Attila Szabó <ma...@apache.org>.
Hey Bogi,

Thanks for raising this questions. I've just opened a new topic around this.
It would be great if you could share your thoughts there.

Many thanks,
Attila

Posted by Boglarka Egyed <bo...@cloudera.com>.
Hi Attila,