Posted to torque-user@db.apache.org by adkumar <an...@slb.com> on 2003/06/20 01:11:30 UTC

How does Torque handle connections

Hi,

I am a new Torque user. I have successfully installed Torque and
everything looks OK.
I am using 3.04 b version of torque.

I have set the connection time out as 3600 s (the default value?). For
some reason, the
number of connections increases and at some point I am getting error
messages that
says maximum number of connections reached or request pending free
connections.

This does not make any sense, as the query requests have been processed
and the
connections may have been released.

Is there a utility or a piece of code some one has written that can keep
track of the
connection requests that are send to the db and tells me when they are
released and
is available to other requests. Is there a way to force release of
connection too.

Thanks in avance.

Re: How does Torque handle connections

Posted by Andras Balogh <an...@reea.net>.
Hi,

Make sure you are using the second type of pool (Jdbc2Pool).

Andras.