Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Shane Curcuru/CAM/Lotus <Sh...@lotus.com> on 2000/03/21 18:00:47 UTC

[ANN] Xalan-J 1.0.0 Gold Release posted to xml.apache.org/dist!

Drumroll and bugles! We have just posted the Xalan-J 1.0.0 distribution to
xml.apache.org!

Xalan-J 1.0.0 is a complete reference implementation of the W3C XSLT and
XPath Recommendations, and our first production-level release!  We have
fixed all critical bugs found internally or reported to us by you from
earlier releases, including the Xalan 0.20.0 gold candidate.  Thanks for
all your help!

To download Xalan-J 1.0.0, see:
  http://xml.apache.org/dist/xalan-j_1_0_0.zip
  http://xml.apache.org/dist/xalan-j_1_0_0.tar.gz

Xalan-J 1.0.0 works with Xerces-J 1.0.3.

Build notes:

-- See README in the root. Also open README.html, which takes you to the
User's Guide in the docs directory and the Javadoc. in docs/apidocs.

-- Compiled on WinNT Server 4.0 SP5 with Sun's JDK 1.1.8.

-- The distribution files are built with zip and CYGWIN Tar utilities.

-- The doc and Javadoc are built with Stylebook and the JDK 1.2.2 javac and
javadoc tools.

-- All builds are done with Makefile.

-- The Xalan distribution now includes xerces.jar from Xerces-J 1.0.3 as a
convenience.

-- The sample applications are in xalansamples.jar. See docs/samples.html
for the details.

-- Sources are from the 'Bxalan_1_0_0' branch and are tagged 'xalan_1_0_0'.
Most future development work should proceed on the main trunk.

----    ----
- Shane               Automation & Test guy
mailto:shane_curcuru@lotus.com  AIM:xsltest
  http://alphaworks.ibm.com/tech/LotusXSL
  http://xml.apache.org/xalan

Notice to ALL wanting to flee the list !

Posted by Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@webweaving.org>.

Xander D Harkness wrote:

> Once again, none of the unsubscribe mails have worked for me.  Please
> unsubscribe me.

You've been manually unsubscribed. To All others who whish to fleet
the list:

1.	Contact general-owner@xml.apache.org if you have ubsubscribe
	problems or if you do not understand how to do it. This is
	better than bothering the list as a whole _and_ the moderator
	will actually see it and not abandon unread it as an uninteresting
	thread on one of the many lists he subscribes to.

2.	But try the address below FIRST. It is in the footer of every
	message:

	If anything fails you _DO_ get an error message back. If it
	works you _DO_ get an confirmation.

3. 	In the unlikely event that you actually have tried to unsubscribe
	yourself and it really failed; send the error message you got to
	general-owner@xml.apache.org so we actually get a change to fix
	things if they are broken !

Thanks for your cooperation.

Dw

RE: [ANN] Xalan-J 1.0.0 Gold Release posted to xml.apache.org/dist!

Posted by Xander D Harkness <xa...@wildthorn.com>.

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.
Shane Curcuru/CAM/Lotus wrote:

> Drumroll and bugles! We have just posted the Xalan-J 1.0.0 distribution to
> xml.apache.org!
>
> Xalan-J 1.0.0 is a complete reference implementation of the W3C XSLT and
> XPath Recommendations, and our first production-level release!  We have
> fixed all critical bugs found internally or reported to us by you from
> earlier releases, including the Xalan 0.20.0 gold candidate.  Thanks for
> all your help!
>
> To download Xalan-J 1.0.0, see:
>   http://xml.apache.org/dist/xalan-j_1_0_0.zip
>   http://xml.apache.org/dist/xalan-j_1_0_0.tar.gz
>
> Xalan-J 1.0.0 works with Xerces-J 1.0.3.
>
> Build notes:
>
> -- See README in the root. Also open README.html, which takes you to the
> User's Guide in the docs directory and the Javadoc. in docs/apidocs.
>
> -- Compiled on WinNT Server 4.0 SP5 with Sun's JDK 1.1.8.
>
> -- The distribution files are built with zip and CYGWIN Tar utilities.
>
> -- The doc and Javadoc are built with Stylebook and the JDK 1.2.2 javac and
> javadoc tools.
>
> -- All builds are done with Makefile.
>
> -- The Xalan distribution now includes xerces.jar from Xerces-J 1.0.3 as a
> convenience.
>
> -- The sample applications are in xalansamples.jar. See docs/samples.html
> for the details.
>
> -- Sources are from the 'Bxalan_1_0_0' branch and are tagged 'xalan_1_0_0'.
> Most future development work should proceed on the main trunk.

Way to go, pleople!

A big thanks for all the great work that has been put into Xalan.

Thanks again and great work to everybody that made this possible.

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.

Re: [ANN] Xalan-J 1.0.0 Gold Release posted to xml.apache.org/dist!

Posted by Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@webweaving.org>.

Andy Clark wrote:

> Dwayne Schultz wrote:
> > Can I make a small suggestion?  That 'dist' directory is starting to get
> > very full.  Can we have an 'archive' directory to keep all the down rev
> > files in?  Or maybe the opposite, a 'latest' directory that always has a
> > copy of the latest files.
>
> You've got my +1 for that! :) I would even go further that each
> sub-project should have a directory where just their archives
> are kept. Then the dist/ directory can just store the latest
> build for all XML projects.

Just go for it ! And while we are at it, a nice symbolic link to XXX-latest.tgz
is also nice.

Posted by Andy Clark <an...@apache.org>.

--
Andy Clark * IBM, JTC - Silicon Valley * andyc@apache.org

Re: [ANN] Xalan-J 1.0.0 Gold Release posted to xml.apache.org/dist!

Posted by Mike Pogue <mp...@apache.org>.
+1 -- separate the dist directories by subproject
+1 -- have a .latest link that points at the latest Official build
+1 -- have an archive directory within each subproject dir

I think all of these suggestions would make it much easier to find the right stuff.

Mike

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.

Posted by Dwayne Schultz <Dw...@Schultz.net>.
Can I make a small suggestion?  That 'dist' directory is starting to get
very full.  Can we have an 'archive' directory to keep all the down rev
files in?  Or maybe the opposite, a 'latest' directory that always has a
copy of the latest files.

Thanks