Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Chris Custine <cc...@apache.org> on 2007/07/15 08:12:02 UTC

Binaries for Tanuki wrapper

Hi Everyone,
I am getting ready to commit all of the new installer and daemon code but I
have one issue that warrants debate.  The Tanuki distribution contains
binaries for the daemon and Windows service wrappers, and also contains the
jar files for the bootstrapper implementations and it is not available via
Maven repository.  I don't want this to be a maintenance hassle, so what I
am doing right now is expanding the distribution in a directory and using
some maven config to install the jar when you first run mvn install on the
daemon project.  If I commit this the way it is on my working copy, then it
will work the same for everyone else.  What I am thinking is that this will
allow us to update the distro by expanding any new versions over the top of
the old and committing the changes.

Another option is that we could build a couple of maven artifacts with the
jar and the binaries and try to get it hosted on the maven repo.

Any thoughts or input on what we should do here?

Chris

Re: Binaries for Tanuki wrapper

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ak...@apache.org>.
Just talked to Chris about this on IRC.  Seems that he bundled the distro
into the daemon-plugin to be unraveled during the installer creation.  This
is fine with me .

Alex

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ak...@apache.org>.