Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Bikash Paul <bi...@yahoo.com> on 2003/05/08 08:47:20 UTC

Tomcat4.1.24 not working as a NT service??

Hi all friends,

I am running Tomcat4.1.24 as a NT service.And I have
created it through below batch file:-

tomcat -install "Apache Tomcat"
"C:\jdk1.3.0_02\jre\bin\classic\jvm.dll"  -Xmx256m
-Xms128m
-Djava.class.path="d:\Tomcat\jakarta-tomcat-4.1.24\bin\bootstrap.jar"
-Dcatalina.home="d:\Tomcat\jakarta-tomcat-4.1.24"
-start org.apache.catalina.startup.BootstrapService
-params start -stop
org.apache.catalina.startup.BootstrapService -params
stop -out
"d:\Tomcat\jakarta-tomcat-4.1.24\logs\stdout.log" -err
"d:\Tomcat\jakarta-tomcat-4.1.24\logs\stderr.log"

And it also created service on my WinNT4.0 server
successfully.And I have also tested it by opening the
home page of Tomcat server on IE by typing in address
bar (http://127.0.0.1:8080) and also shows me the home
page successfully.But my problem is when I start my
application for uploading files then Tomcat server not
working(means not writing file on destination).My
application is a Uploading software for transfering
files from one destination to another and I have used
swing for front end(for reading files) and for back
end I have used servlet(for writing files).But when I
use Tomcat as a stand alone not as NT service then it
is working fine.Can any one plz guide me how I can
slove my problem.Eagerly waiting for reply.

Regards
Bikash

Re: Please Help Me

Posted by John Turner <to...@johnturner.com>.
Please be more specific than "not working".  Error messages?  Log output?
Etc. etc. etc.

John

Please Help Me