Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by robert burrell donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk> on 2005/01/19 23:49:09 UTC

[logging][PROPOSAL] 1.0.5 release

IMO the first step before any work can begin on any improvements is to
release the current code (this contains an important enhancement
improving memory release in the 1.0.x series of releases).  therefore,
i propose that we should start the release process for 1.0.5 by
electing a release manager and formulating a release plan.

i'm willing to act as release manager for this release. my vision would
be that a release branch would be taken as soon as possible but with a
long release candidate phase would follow to allow the release to be
tested.

- robert

Re: [logging][PROPOSAL] 1.0.5 release

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
+1 from me.

Posted by Craig McClanahan <cr...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Simon Kitching <sk...@apache.org>.
On Wed, 2005-01-19 at 22:49 +0000, robert burrell donkin wrote:
> IMO the first step before any work can begin on any improvements is to
> release the current code (this contains an important enhancement
> improving memory release in the 1.0.x series of releases).  therefore,
> i propose that we should start the release process for 1.0.5 by
> electing a release manager and formulating a release plan.
>
> i'm willing to act as release manager for this release. my vision would
> be that a release branch would be taken as soon as possible but with a
> long release candidate phase would follow to allow the release to be
> tested.

+1

Re: [logging][PROPOSAL] 1.0.5 release

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
On 19 Jan 2005, at 22:51, Richard Sitze wrote:
> robert burrell donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote on
> 01/19/2005 04:49:09 PM:

<snip>

http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-commons/Logging/1_2e0_2e5ReleasePlan

Posted by Richard Sitze <rs...@us.ibm.com>.
robert burrell donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote on
01/19/2005 04:49:09 PM:

> IMO the first step before any work can begin on any improvements is to
> release the current code (this contains an important enhancement
> improving memory release in the 1.0.x series of releases).  therefore,
> i propose that we should start the release process for 1.0.5 by
> electing a release manager and formulating a release plan.

+1 release 1.0.5
+1 robert as release manager

> i'm willing to act as release manager for this release. my vision would
> be that a release branch would be taken as soon as possible but with a
> long release candidate phase would follow to allow the release to be
> tested.

... waiting to see your release plan ;-)

> - robert

Richard A. Sitze
IBM WebSphere WebServices Development