Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jason Bainbridge <ja...@jblinux.org> on 2003/04/28 22:42:17 UTC

Website maintainership?

Hi,

I was just wondering if http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat could do with
an extra hand to help maintain the site? I am willing to help out with
any web stuff plus I could do some user level documentation to
contribute to the content side of things.

I've been using Tomcat for close to a year now after I introduced my
company (not KDE) to it and have had experience maintaining several
other websites so I feel I'm up to the task. :o)

If help is needed please point me in the right direction, I had a bit of
a browse around the CVS modules but couldn't see anything current.

Cheers!
--
Jason Bainbridge
KDE Web Team - http://kde.org

RE: Website maintainership?

Posted by Jason Bainbridge <ja...@jblinux.org>.
Thanks, but that only refers to documentation within the connectors.

I'm guessing the actual in application documentation would be in the CVS
modules of the respective documentation, but how does it make it to the
website and how can patches to the website be contributed for things
like broken links?

Jason Bainbridge
KDE Web Team - http://kde.org
webmaster@kde.org

SOLVED: RE: Debugging servlets in Tomcat using eclipse

Posted by Dick Brooks <di...@tech-comm.com>.
The problem was related to the way I created the project in eclipse. I
deleted the project and recreated it and was able to interact with the
debugging session with no problem.

The main difference between the original and re-created project was java
package object for the servlet code, which didn't exist in the original
project.

Thanks,

Dick Brooks
Independent Consultant
B2B Integration and Cyber Security
Mobile:602-684-1484

Re: Website maintainership?

Posted by John Turner <to...@johnturner.com>.

Re: Website maintainership?

Posted by Tim Funk <fu...@joedog.org>.
The site source is in cvs (/jakarta-site/ and similar). Just
- check the source out
- make your changes
- test your changes
- Create a patch via cvs diff -u [files]
- Email developer list with your patch. The easier it is for them to
integrate (and understand what your patch does) the faster the patch gets in.

Please don't send one word changes, grammar, and spelling errors. If you send
that to them, send real content too. It still takes time on their part to
commit and they are busy people too.

-Tim