Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Shankar s <sh...@yahoo.com> on 2004/08/26 07:51:14 UTC

Which is the best Perfomance Monitoring Tool for Linux?

Hi all,

We are using 'perfmon' to identify the System(CPU & Memory) Performance in Windows 2000. Now we need to check the System Performance in Linux system.

Can anybody suggest a good tool to monitor system performance in Linux system.

Thanks & Regards

Shankar

Re: Which is the best Perfomance Monitoring Tool for Linux?

Posted by Ivan Rancati <ir...@sharpmind.de>.
 From my limited Linux experience:

a) for a cmd line tool, try "top"

b) Not sure of what graphical tools are included with the various Linux
distribuitions. On Red Hat Fedora, I use System Monitor
(gnome-system-monitor)

Posted by Peter Lin <wo...@gmail.com>.
something like

top | grep "java" > myfile.txt

should work.

peter

Re: jsession for a jsp page

Posted by Peter Lin <wo...@gmail.com>.
that is the session id

peter

jsession for a jsp page

Posted by krishna raj <lk...@yahoo.com.au>.

Re: Which is the best Perfomance Monitoring Tool for Linux?

Posted by praveen <pk...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Shankar s <sh...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Peter Lin <wo...@gmail.com>.