Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Devl Devel <de...@gmail.com> on 2015/04/11 13:00:41 UTC

Apache Ignite Integration with Spark RDDs

Hi Ingiters

Spark has an RDD interface which lets you plug in various back-ends like
HDFS and JDBC etc. I think it would be a great idea if the community could
leverage Ignites in-memory file system to provide blazing fast analytics
using both ingite and spark.

Here is the interface :
https://github.com/apache/spark/blob/master/core/src/main/scala/org/apache/spark/rdd/RDD.scala

The idea would be to compute splits and partitions from ignitefs and use
these in an RDD, an example is:

https://github.com/apache/spark/blob/master/core/src/main/scala/org/apache/spark/rdd/NewHadoopRDD.scala

Would like to know whether this is feasible, as it would be a useful
addition to both communities and help complement other implementations for
tachyon for example.

Cheers
Devl

Re: Apache Ignite Integration with Spark RDDs

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.
I think it'd be great, as it will open even deeper level of the integration
between the two projects!

For the reference, there's already a JIRA opened for this feature

Cos