Posted to user@commons.apache.org by David Delbecq <de...@oma.be> on 2006/11/09 12:45:20 UTC

Where to get commons-discovery 0.3 and 0.4-snapshot?

Hello, hitting a problem with commons discovery here, i wanted to try
and upgrade from 0.2 to 0.3 or 0.4-snapshot. However the apache commons
download area only reference 0.2 release, despite the fact
commons-discovery project site mention '0.3 release javadoc' and "Last
published: May 20, 2006 | Doc for 0.4-SNAPSHOT"

None of 0.3 release and 0.4-SNAPSHOT are visible using the apache
download section, only 0.2 (dating from 15-Apr-2003). This is pretty
confusing.

Where do i get the "stable" 0.3 release and the "unstable" 0.4-SNAPSHOT ?

Re: Where to get commons-discovery 0.3 and 0.4-snapshot?

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
+1 from me.

thanks,
dims

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
+1 from me.

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "David J. M. Karlsen" <da...@davidkarlsen.com>.

--
David J. M. Karlsen - +47 90 68 22 43
http://www.davidkarlsen.com

Re: Where to get commons-discovery 0.3 and 0.4-snapshot?

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "David J. M. Karlsen" <da...@davidkarlsen.com>.

Posted by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>.
On 11/9/06, Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> (adding commons-dev to make sure the release problem is seen)
>
> On 11/9/06, David Delbecq <de...@oma.be> wrote:
> > Hello, hitting a problem with commons discovery here, i wanted to try
> > and upgrade from 0.2 to 0.3 or 0.4-snapshot. However the apache commons
> > download area only reference 0.2 release, despite the fact
> > commons-discovery project site mention '0.3 release javadoc' and "Last
> > published: May 20, 2006 | Doc for 0.4-SNAPSHOT"
> >
> > None of 0.3 release and 0.4-SNAPSHOT are visible using the apache
> > download section, only 0.2 (dating from 15-Apr-2003). This is pretty
> > confusing.
> >
> > Where do i get the "stable" 0.3 release and the "unstable" 0.4-SNAPSHOT ?
>
> Looks like a screw-up from the point of view of 0.3. Fortunately there
> is an SVN tag for it, so we should be able to go ahead and do a proper
> release, or replace the files if it was in fact done and somehow all
> got lost:
>
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jakarta/commons/proper/discovery/tags/DISCOVERY_0_3/

<snip/>

I was able to build the tag with minor tweaks to the m1 build (such as
the xdoc-plugin version, which I often - but not always - need to
tweak). Strange enough, the tag builds an RC (more precisely,
0.3-RC1).

POA? Rebuild this tag as 0.3?

-Rahul

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.