Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Shuyang Wu <sh...@apache.org> on 2021/05/24 02:23:52 UTC

Fwd: [Community] try to add a community growth graph to the website

Hi community!

We're the maintainers of Apache APISIX <https://github.com/apache/apisix>.
To better present how our community grows, we develop a tool to show
contributors growing history on https://github.com/api7/contributor-graph.
Since we found it helpful, we think maybe if it could help some other
community.

WHAT IT IS

https://www.apiseven.com/en/contributor-graph?chart=contributorOverTime&repo=apache/jmeter

Basically, it just shows the contributors growth over time. All of the
procedures are running on GCP, and it would automatically update the graph
each day, so the link would always present the real-time data. There is
some other stuff to play around
<https://www.apiseven.com/en/contributor-graph> with if you would like to
give it a try~

HOW IT WORKS

We use Github API to get all commits, try to find the “Github way” to
filter commits so the result data would be similar to Github, and then get
the first commit time of each contributor.

I found it might be a good place to place the graph on the bottom of the
jmeter contributor page
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/JMETER/JMeterCommitters>.
Besides I noticed that some contributors might miss after migration from
svn to git (at around 2018). I could try to add contributors from svn log
if needed. What do you think about that?

Don't hesitate to tell us if there is a better place to present this graph
other than this, or there are some other worries or other features you
would like to have~🍻