Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by "PROYECTA.Fernandez Garcia, Ivan" <pr...@iberia.es> on 2004/11/22 13:06:29 UTC

Indexing Error

Good morning everybody:

	We are trying to index a pdf document (610 pages).
	A OutOfMemoryException occur.
	One solution is increase virtual machine memory. Are there any one?

Thanks for your attention.

> Iván Fernández García
> Proyecta Sistemas de Información

---

Re: Indexing Error

Posted by Bernhard Messer <bm...@apache.org>.
hi,

you could split your big pdf file into small pieces and index the small
pieces instead of processing the "big" one. But i think this is much
more effort than to increase the memory size within the jvm.

bernhard