Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Paul Hutchings <pa...@mira.co.uk> on 2007/02/26 11:46:34 UTC

Mail Appliances?

Appreciate this may not be 100% the best place to ask, but I'm
struggling to think of anywhere better other than Usenet.

I'm currently running a box that I've configured to run Postfix plus
Spamassassin, it works, but it's the usual "Only I know about it and if
it fails or I get hit by a bus" etc.

So I'm looking for an appliance that will do basic in/out mail relay
with antivirus and antispam filtering, that will allow me to route mail
on a per domain basis and do all the usual custom whitelists and
blacklists etc.

I'm struggling as once I get past Barracuda Networks I'm not sure who is
"big" or "good" at these things.  For example I don't want something
that is very effective but where the company is two guys from Texas with
a snappy website IYSWIM.

I'd really appreciate any pointers, and apologies for being slightly OT
- any suggestions where to go (polite ones!) would be appreciated.

cheers,
Paul

MIRA Ltd
Watling Street, Nuneaton, Warwickshire, CV10 0TU, England.
Registered in England No. 402570
VAT Registration  GB 114 5409 96

The contents of this e-mail are confidential and are solely for the use of the intended recipient.
If you receive this e-mail in error, please delete it and notify us either by e-mail, telephone or fax.
You should not copy, forward or otherwise disclose the content of the e-mail as this is prohibited.

RE: Mail Appliances?

Posted by "Martin.Hepworth" <ma...@solidstatelogic.com>.
Paul

Have a look at the DefenderMX range (and something new due any day now),
from www.fsl.com.

Basically is a commercial version of MailScanner (with added stuff on
it).

--
Martin Hepworth
Snr Systems Administrator
> Appreciate this may not be 100% the best place to ask, but I'm
> struggling to think of anywhere better other than Usenet.
>
> I'm currently running a box that I've configured to run Postfix plus
> Spamassassin, it works, but it's the usual "Only I know about it and
if
> it fails or I get hit by a bus" etc.
>
> So I'm looking for an appliance that will do basic in/out mail relay
> with antivirus and antispam filtering, that will allow me to route
mail
> on a per domain basis and do all the usual custom whitelists and
> blacklists etc.
>
> I'm struggling as once I get past Barracuda Networks I'm not sure who
is
> "big" or "good" at these things.  For example I don't want something
> that is very effective but where the company is two guys from Texas
with
> a snappy website IYSWIM.
>
> I'd really appreciate any pointers, and apologies for being slightly
OT
> - any suggestions where to go (polite ones!) would be appreciated.
>
> cheers,
> Paul
>
> MIRA Ltd
> Watling Street, Nuneaton, Warwickshire, CV10 0TU, England.
> Registered in England No. 402570
> VAT Registration  GB 114 5409 96
>
> The contents of this e-mail are confidential and are solely for the
use of
> the intended recipient.
> If you receive this e-mail in error, please delete it and notify us
either
> by e-mail, telephone or fax.
> You should not copy, forward or otherwise disclose the content of the
e-
> mail as this is prohibited.

Red Lion 49 Ltd T/A Solid State Logic
(Company No:5362730)