Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by afancy <gr...@gmail.com> on 2012/09/24 12:22:40 UTC

What does ROW__OFFSET__INSIDE__BLOCK FROM mean?

Hi,

Could anybody explain me what ROW__OFFSET__INSIDE__BLOCK means?
For example, I make the following query, and return two rows. But why does
the column of ROW__OFFSET__INSIDE__BLOCK show 0?
For my understanding from the name of column, it should return the line
number of the records in the block files, but now both are 0.  It is quite
confusing.

hive> SELECT  `url`,  INPUT__FILE__NAME,BLOCK__OFFSET__INSIDE__FILE,
ROW__OFFSET__INSIDE__BLOCK FROM `testresult` WHERE url='
http://www.domain022.tl04/page035.html';
http://www.domain022.tl04/page035.html
hdfs://xiliu-fedora:54310/user/hive/warehouse/testresult/testresults.csv 0 0
http://www.domain022.tl04/page035.html
hdfs://xiliu-fedora:54310/user/hive/warehouse/testresult/testresults.csv
3200250 0
Time taken: 19.653 seconds
hive>

Regards,