Posted to dev@giraph.apache.org by Avery Ching <ac...@apache.org> on 2013/04/16 07:36:06 UTC

[VOTE][CHANGED] Release Giraph 1.0.0 (rc3)

Okay, we're on our 3rd RC now, mainly to incorporate Roman's suggestion
about fixing the maven version number from 0.2-SNAPSHOT => 1.0.0.
Roman, this is a source code release, we can't really deploy jars to
maven since we use munge to support different versions of Hadoop.  Once
we get rid of munge, we'll be able to do this in the future.

Release notes:
http://people.apache.org/~aching/giraph-1.0.0-RC3/RELEASE_NOTES.html

Release artifacts:
http://people.apache.org/~aching/giraph-1.0.0-RC3/

Corresponding git tag:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=giraph.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/tags/release-1.0.0-RC3

Signing keys:
http://people.apache.org/keys/group/giraph.asc

The vote runs for 72 hours, until Thusday 4pm PST.

Thanks for everyone's input!

Avery

Re: [VOTE][CHANGED] Release Giraph 1.0.0 (rc3)

Posted by Eli Reisman <ap...@gmail.com>.
My instinct is to immediately say yes but I don't think I should commit to
that right now. I would be happy to be part of the discussion as to ideas,
proposed methods to replace/remove it. But mentoring might spread me too
thin this summer, as you know ;)

Posted by Claudio Martella <cl...@gmail.com>.

--
   Claudio Martella
   claudio.martella@gmail.com

Re: [VOTE][CHANGED] Release Giraph 1.0.0 (rc3)

Posted by Claudio Martella <cl...@gmail.com>.

--
   Claudio Martella
   claudio.martella@gmail.com

Re: [VOTE][CHANGED] Release Giraph 1.0.0 (rc3)

Posted by Eli Reisman <ap...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Nitay Joffe <ni...@apache.org>.

Re: [VOTE][RESULT] Release Giraph 1.0.0 (rc3)

Posted by Eli Reisman <ap...@gmail.com>.
Awesome!

Posted by Avery Ching <ac...@apache.org>.
Vote result:

Binding:
+1 Avery
+1 Eli
+1 Claudio
+1 Sebastian

Non-binding:
+1 Lewis
+1 Roman

The vote passes!  I will work on getting the tarball out in the open!

Thanks everyone for all your help with this release.

Avery

On 4/18/13 9:52 AM, Sebastian Schelter wrote:
> +1 on the release, let's go!
>
> On 18.04.2013 18:49, Avery Ching wrote:
>> Currently the vote on Giraph-1.0.0 (rc3) is
>>
>> Binding:
>> +1 (Avery)
>> +1 (Eli)
>>
>> Non-binding:
>> +1 (Lewis)
>> +1 Roman
>>
>> We need at least one more PMC +1 to make this release official.
>> Sebastian?  Claudio?
>>
>> Deadline is Thursday (today) at 10:30 PM PST.
>>
>> Avery

>>> Understood.

>>> +1 (non-binding).
>>>
>>> Built packages as part of Bigtop:
>>>
>>> http://bigtop01.cloudera.org:8080/view/Upstream-tests/job/Giraph-1.0.0/
>>> tested on a 4 node fully distributed, secure
>>> and unsecure Hadoop 2.0.4-alpha cluster.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Roman.

Re: [VOTE][RESULT] Release Giraph 1.0.0 (rc3)

Posted by Avery Ching <ac...@apache.org>.
Vote result:

Binding:
+1 Avery
+1 Eli
+1 Claudio
+1 Sebastian

Non-binding:
+1 Lewis
+1 Roman

The vote passes!  I will work on getting the tarball out in the open!

Thanks everyone for all your help with this release.

Avery

On 4/18/13 9:52 AM, Sebastian Schelter wrote:
> +1 on the release, let's go!
>
> On 18.04.2013 18:49, Avery Ching wrote:
>> Currently the vote on Giraph-1.0.0 (rc3) is
>>
>> Binding:
>> +1 (Avery)
>> +1 (Eli)
>>
>> Non-binding:
>> +1 (Lewis)
>> +1 Roman
>>
>> We need at least one more PMC +1 to make this release official.
>> Sebastian?  Claudio?
>>
>> Deadline is Thursday (today) at 10:30 PM PST.
>>
>> Avery

>>> Understood.

>>> +1 (non-binding).
>>>
>>> Built packages as part of Bigtop:
>>>
>>> http://bigtop01.cloudera.org:8080/view/Upstream-tests/job/Giraph-1.0.0/
>>> tested on a 4 node fully distributed, secure
>>> and unsecure Hadoop 2.0.4-alpha cluster.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Roman.

Re: [VOTE][CHANGED] Release Giraph 1.0.0 (rc3)

Posted by Sebastian Schelter <ss...@apache.org>.
+1 on the release, let's go!

Posted by Claudio Martella <cl...@gmail.com>.
I just tested it on our small cluster and it builds cleanly.

+1.

--
   Claudio Martella
   claudio.martella@gmail.com

Re: [VOTE][CHANGED] Release Giraph 1.0.0 (rc3)

Posted by Avery Ching <ac...@apache.org>.

Posted by Avery Ching <ac...@apache.org>.

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <rv...@apache.org>.

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <rv...@apache.org>.

Posted by Nitay Joffe <ni...@gmail.com>.
Just FYI we munge does not prevent us from doing jar release. We can use classifier to release multiple Giraph jars (each built for different Hadoop).

Posted by Eli Reisman <ap...@gmail.com>.
+1