Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Wise Team <su...@interface-si.fr> on 2003/04/09 16:34:45 UTC

servlet mapping

Hi all,

I use tomcat 4.1.18, cocoon 2.0.5 and Jdk1.4.

I try to use cocoon in a jsp project. The html page is separate in three
frames, in one I use an applet which  call a servlet matching normally
in a virtual repository.

How can I say to cocoon that this servlet exists ?

I add in my sitemap.xmap this lines :

 <map:match pattern="servlet/JAppletContentXml">
        <map:generate src="/internal/JAppletContentXml"/>
        <!-- rest of pipeline to process results -->
    </map:match>

and in the web.xml of cocoon :

<servlet>
    <servlet-name>Servlet_JAppletContentXml</servlet-name>
    <display-name>Servlet JAppletContentXml</display-name>
    <description>Default configuration created for servlet.</description>
    <servlet-class>JAppletContentXml</servlet-class>
</servlet>

<servlet-mapping>
    <servlet-name>Servlet_JAppletContentXml</servlet-name>
    <url-pattern>/servlet/JAppletContentXml</url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping>

I obtain the folowing error :
java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Tomcat
4.1\webapps\cocoon\mount\presentation\servlet\sitemap.xmap (Le chemin
d'accès spécifié est introuvable) in the sitemap log of cocoon.

Hav you any idea??

Re: servlet mapping

Posted by Wise Team <su...@interface-si.fr>.
Hi users,

I have find the answer to my question maybe it could help somebody else ;)
You musn't mapping the servlet in the sitemap.xmap
You must only mapping it in web.xml of your application

  <servlet>
    <servlet-name>Servlet_JAppletContentXml</servlet-name>
    <display-name>Servlet JAppletContentXml</display-name>
    <description>Default configuration created for servlet.</description>
    <servlet-class>servlet.JAppletContentXml</servlet-class>
  </servlet>

 <servlet-mapping>
    <servlet-name>Servlet_JAppletContentXml</servlet-name>
    <url-pattern>/servlet/JAppletContentXml</url-pattern>
  </servlet-mapping>

Have fun with cocoon :)
Regards

Stephanie